Fairfield County School District training for school bus and activity bus drivers will be held March 6-9, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Transportation Department located at 1451 U.S. Highway 321 By-Pass North, Winnsboro. To qualify as a bus operator, a candidate for training must:
· Be at least 18 years of age.
· Possess a high school diploma or GED.
· Possess a valid driver’s license.
· Have more than one (1) year of vehicular driving experience as a licensed driver.
· Have no more than four (4) points against your driving record.
· Have not had their driver's license suspended for a moving violation within the previous twelve (12) months
As a part of training, bus operators must:
· Pass SLED and Sexual Offender background checks.
· Pass a ten (10) year Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) check.
· Pass a pre-employment alcohol and controlled substances test.
· Complete and pass SDE School Bus Driver Training
· Pass an US Department of Transportation (DOT) physical
· Pass General Knowledge, Air Brakes, Passenger and School Bus written knowledge tests and obtain a Class "B" Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Beginners Permit
Fairfield County School District is committed to excellence in education. If you share a commitment to quality education and leadership, Fairfield County School District would like to hear from you. Please contact Terry Milton, (803) 635-6818, for more information.
Click here for flyer